As an integral member of our in-house marketing team, the Graphic Designer will be tasked with creating meaningful and impactful marketing assets (print and digital) that represents our internal and external brand. The ideal candidate is creative, team spirited, and have a deep passion for visual communications (typography, layout, etc.). As part of a growing team, the role requires a general understanding of marketing practices and can deliver accurate and creative work on-time. If this sounds like you, let's make great things together!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and update visual concepts and assets for a wide variety of digital, print and web-based projects (using corporate branding standards).
- Execute multiple projects in a timely manner with attention to detail.
- Exhibit a high level of creative thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Follow creative work through from concept to pre-press and production.
- Possesses and properly uses knowledge of company policies regarding the company's image and use of company logos.
- Multi-task various projects and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced, agency-like environment.
- Stay abreast of the latest tools and software in order to produce the best work possible
- Provides primary graphics support for customer meetings, presentations, awards, etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Excellent design and layout skills with a highly developed aesthetic and artistic vision.
- Knowledge of standard design formats, file types and image sizing.
- Strong design esthetic of basic layout, composition and typography.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and complete tasks.
- Team collaborator with a professional attitude with an ability to respond constructively to creative feedback.
- Smart, enthusiastic, motivated team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Very quick learner, self-sufficient, and motivated to work autonomously.
- Ability to work creatively in a team
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Mac/PC proficient.
Adobe Creative Suite proficiency (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
PC proficiency in MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
Video, motion or animation is a plus but not required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in art and design. A minor in marketing or understanding of marketing operations very helpful.
- Minimum two years' experience working within brand guidelines.
- English, advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intermediate business math skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also may lift and/or moves objects up to 20 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.