Denitech, A Xerox Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox Corporation, a $22 billion Fortune 500 company. Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management, deploying state-of-the-art technology and solutions. Xerox provides Denitech the strength and resources of a global operation while maintaining a local presence. With a "Think Globally, Act Locally" mindset, we are able to offer top quality solutions through personalized service to our customers in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
Denitech is a team oriented company full of ambitious, go getter individuals with a work hard, play hard mentality. We are looking for dynamic engaging professionals with high customer service aptitude and get it done attitude. We are one of Texas' leading technology and services company specializing in document workflow solutions, software and office systems. From document management to collaborative communication tools and multifunction systems, we provide the broadest portfolio of technology and services for companies of any size and in any industry. We focus on document-driven companies and industries - from healthcare organizations, manufacturing companies and legal firms to school districts and financial service institutions - spanning all types and sizes.
As a Controller, you are the final authority on all financial and accounting matters that affect Denitech. This position serves on the Senior Management Team for business and long-term decisions. We are looking for a team player who is proactive, strategic, and analytical in reviewing the financials and providing suggestions. Must be able to gather and report data accurately and timely with a sense of urgency. Responsive to all inquiries and maintain professionalism at all times. Must be willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into projects and processes to better understand your team and improve efficiencies.
- Ensure a proper and timely monthly closing of the financial records and statements. Actively hands-on including preparation and review of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Coordinate, coach and manage the Accounting functions.
- Function as financial member of senior management team, providing financial information in support of and participating in key decisions. Advise the President on financial matters. Effectively communicate financial issues to members of the management team that are not financially oriented.
- Review company financial statements for accuracy and clarity, providing analysis to explain variances from budget and prior periods.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and the annual business plan.
- Communicate effectively financial and operational status and issues to company and headquarters.
- Hire, train, develop and manage a competent staff in the areas of accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, cash applications, and other areas deemed appropriate.
- Motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Implement and maintain a system of adequate internal controls and procedures that are efficient and properly segregated and safeguard the company's assets.
- Coordinate all correspondence with the tax authorities for income, sales, property, and business license taxes. Prepare tax information and returns.
- Identify key business trends, opportunities and issues, and communicate this information to company senior management and headquarters.
- Maintain current knowledge of technical accounting issues that pertain to the key job responsibilities.
- Act as the primary liaison with the outside auditors for the year-end audit and other projects as needed.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Understand Denitech's product offerings to better participate and advise others from a financial impact.
- Develop and administer process and programs to safeguard all company assets.
- Establish, document, and maintain required Sarbanes Oxley requirements as they relate to Accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable aging.
- Monitor Accounts Payable.
- Develop applications for productivity enhancements through use of software tools.
- Review, approve, and sign checks.
- Meet with customers and vendors on an as needed basis to improve our relationships with them and to provide a financial contact within that company into Denitech's Accounting functions.
- Work with warehouse and operations to monitor inventory processes to minimize obsolescence write-offs.
- Keeps attendance and punctuality in good standing.
- Adheres to all company/department policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Be a team player.
- Adhere to the Employee Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to add or delete duties as deemed appropriate.
- Excellent knowledge of current GAAP and recent developments, strong technical accounting knowledge, and strong financial analysis.
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly and becoming an above average user of all relevant technology/tools.
- Excellent knowledge of SOX compliance.
- Possess ability to interpret, comprehend, and apply complex material and data to prepare, provide, and convey diversified information.
- Proactively grows skills and knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with customers, vendors and personnel within the organization.
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to use good judgement in performing conflicting demands and managing priorities.
- High level of analytical ability is required in order gather and interpret data in solutions where the problems are somewhat complex.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Must have strong ethics.
- Ability to work as an effective and collaborative team member.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Critical thinking skills to assist in problem solving proactively.
- Strong teamwork and customer relations skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision; independent work skills.
- Ability to work effectively within tight time constraints and handle more than one responsibility at a time.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel when required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Knowledge of eAutomate a plus.
Bachelor's degree (B. A., B.S., etc.) from four-year college or university is required. MBA or CPA a plus. 2+ years of Public Accounting Experience or CPA supervised experience. Minimum six years of related experience with progressively more responsibility. Minimum of five years at a controller level or similar role. Experience in the office product or similar industry is preferred. Minimum of five years management experience supervising a staff of five or more. Track record of professional growth with a progression of positions of increasing responsibilities in financial management.
- Employee/Company discounts
- Educational Assistance
- 401K plus company match up to 75%
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D, Travel Assistance, Legal Plans