Are you ready to take your sales role to a major level?
The Major Accounts Specialist is a business-to-business sales consultant responsible for retaining and growing current customer in larger/ key accounts as well as gaining new market share, through the development of new accounts in an assigned territory.
Your strategic direction and consultative approach combined with ongoing professional development create the recipe for long-term growth and success.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
Strategic Planning & Business Development
- Architects a strategic marketing plan that aligns sales initiatives with customer requirements
- Interprets and analyzes research and competitive intelligence to understand the market drivers and business opportunities
- Continuously evaluates opportunities within current client base to close gaps that expand and deepen our relationships and broaden our influence across multiple industry verticals
- Aggressively pursue competitive accounts and secure revenue through sales of Xerox products
- Crafts complex proposals and business solutions with a high degree of confidence and strategic thought
- Actively participate in account-planning sessions by providing an update on the activity in the account, Input/feedback on the sales strategy, offer assistance in identifying opportunities in the account and surface potential issues.
- Sustain sales activities; appointments, demos, proposals, cold calls, and database updates
Internal & External Customer Focus
- Successfully integrates solutions into non-production user environments while building customer relationships that result in new, expanded and on-going business.
- Serves as the first line of contact with customers responsible to assist in the creation and maintenance of accurate paperwork on each sale.
- Manages territory by protecting and increasing a profitable revenue stream within current accounts.
- Propose and close sales that achieve total revenue growth, profit and customer satisfaction plans
- Participate in planned in person account reviews.
- Maintain prospecting/ customer database (i.e. Soaring) to maintain a record of all activities inside of each account system.
Analytical & Critical Thinking
- Interprets market data and financial reports to inform overall sales plan
- Consolidates and summarizes performance data to shape ongoing business development strategies
- Is proficient in understanding key drivers within appropriate markets
- Evaluates current state, customer satisfaction and completeness of strategy implementation along with next steps in advancing the account.
- Reviews leads, pending orders and lease upgrades, developing action plans to progress each cycle.
- Meet forecasting objectives by keeping timely & accurate forecasts on account assignment.
Desired Competencies and Experience
- 3+ years previous industry sales experience OR currently employed here for over a year, with proven track record of success.
- Valid driver's license & minimal level of auto insurance coverage
- Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation skills)
- Personal drive and internal motivation toward high achievement
- College Degree preferred, but not necessary
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Advanced negotiating skills and ability to influence and gain commitment at all organizational levels
- Possess ability to interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instruction – prepare, provide and convey diversified information.
- Have the ability to travel locally with short notice
- Be able to work under stress/pressure, meet deadlines, and financial objectives.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity/ AA Employer M/F/D/V, and maintains a drug-free workplace.