The Copier Service Technician is responsible for servicing and repairing a variety of office equipment at customer locations usually within a specific geographic area as a certified technical professional and is capable of handling a full workload.
• Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of experience.
• Manages territory, inventory, and customer relationships.
• Demonstrates excellent technical and customer relation skills.
Demonstrates technical expertise
• Performs full range of servicing and repair service procedures including diagnostics, installation, removal and retrofits on assigned equipment.
• Performs Basic Connected Installations, sets up IP addresses, downloads printer drivers and provides customer training on printing functions.
• Performs required firmware updates to equipment via USB flash drive or provided technician laptop.
• Performs troubleshooting and repairs or replaces equipment components as necessary.
• Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with assigned products and level assignment.
• Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned.
• Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
• Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade opportunities.
• Maintains and manages own parts inventory with high degree of accuracy.
• Adheres to territory back-up plans.
• Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Complies with all company policies.
• Interacts with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
• Provides technical assistance to less experienced technicians.
• Exhibits professional appearance and demeanor at all times
• Maintains productive, professional relationship with all Elan personnel.
• Is a positive and contributing team member.
• Responsible for maintaining a "car stock" inventory with a value of $1,000 to $4,000.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requires journeyman level technical knowledge typically gained through completion of technical school and 2+ years of related experience.
• Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Elan Office Systems policy for positions entailing extensive use of personal car while on company business.