Primary Objective: Responsible for delivery, pick up, and movement of all equipment orders. Provide excellent customer service and ensure that customer receives correct equipment order as well as signing for delivery and acceptance of equipment.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- Assist the other MOS drivers with all equipment that goes up or down stairs while utilizing a motorized dolly cart.
- Assisting driver with complicated deliveries (large number of machines/stops) to ensure delivery happens quickly and accurately
- Validate equipment accuracy and wrap for transport
- Load and unload vehicle; ensure that all equipment is properly packaged and secured for transport
- Act as a backup driver as business needs require
- Deliver and pick up customer equipment; relocate equipment within the customer's office
- Provide notification of delivery to Sales and Service; verify all documentation is correct
- Report any documentation loss and equipment damage to immediate supervisor
- Operate vehicles in accordance with Fleet Safety policy and maintain high level of security for vehicles and equipment
- May require an occasional overnight stay.
- Participate in physical inventories
- Ensure truck and work area are organized and maintained.
- Provide assistance to parts/supplies team in pulling supply orders, pulling car stock, receiving parts and supplies, and other responsibilities
- Complete quality equipment preps in the shop according to Shop Tech Checklist
- Assist in processing equipment returns
- Complete facilities maintenance duties as needed (e.g. snow shoveling, furniture moving, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Ability to follow directions to ensure timely delivery
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to use special machinery to move equipment that is 100+ pounds
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in varying traffic and weather conditions
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve
- Ability to work with and assist customers, sales and service personnel
- Valid MI driver's license and good driving record
Physical demands: Standing, hearing, sitting, walking, speaking, regular application of basic manual skills (driving, keyboard, eye/hand coordination)
Mental demands: Problem-solving, verbal communication, customer contact, comprehending technical documents & instructions, multi-tasking, mental accuracy