Professional Services - MNS/Software/AV Sales plays a critical role in helping to grow the Software and Managed IT divisions of COTG. As a subject matter expert, strategic resource and pre-sales technical leader, this individual will be relied on by the salesforce, management team and customers to be a savvy consultant who can architect smart, innovative solutions that solve real business problems and fulfill existing technology gaps.
Focusing on growth within a current account base as well as net new business, he or she will be adept at presenting complex technical solutions in business-friendly terms, and comprehending a prospects' or customers' business needs, while understanding various software platforms and IT environments, so only best fit solutions are proposed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees software sales process for assigned sales team to identify and qualify software opportunities
- Prepares standard and custom demonstrations for COTG Sales Account Executives and resellers
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure COTG and its clients receive top-level support and competitive pricing for all software solutions
- Handles all pre-sales technical issues professionally and efficiently
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of our software solution portfolio
- Maintains a working knowledge of content repositories and workflow systems
- Timely posting of notes and data into Sherpa
- Understands COTG's role in supporting business processes
- Responds to technical questions in RFI/P/Qs
- Shares "Best Practices" with others
- Professionally manages the transition from pre-sales to post-sales
- Ensures that sales team is trained on the technical aspects of selling software solutions practices and procedures
- Serves as a point of contact for clients, partners and post sales client resource on technical issues
- Responds to sales team requests for pre-sale technical support
- Valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Professional presentation skills and experience in team selling, solution selling methodologies, and an understanding of and ability to utilize the COTG 360 sales process
- Ability to deliver high level presentations and associated demonstrations
- Knowledge and ability to convey the various components of each solution and explain which solution is most compatible technically and how they integrate and work with external technologies
- Continuously enhances working technical knowledge and market place advances
- Strong understanding of foundation technologies including but not limited to:J2EE, XML, IIS,.NET, OCR, ICR, Web Service along with Xerox networking constraints and Xerox Components and Services
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to plan for and conduct an assessment interview with the prospect and/or customer to determine the true business requirements to help build a valid Return on Investment (ROI)
- Skilled in critical path analysis: risk assessment, problem decomposition and resource estimation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects including preparation for presentations and demonstrations, training, scheduling, and reporting, and expense processing
- Advanced understanding of basic networking and operating system concepts, development/scripting
- Must be able to problem solve, conduct written and verbal communication, read and comprehend technical information
- Knowledge of office machines, basic accounting and spreadsheet software
- Knowledge of all phases of printing, printers and paper types
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree in information systems, computer science, information technology or a related discipline, or 5years equivalent years of experience
- Demonstrated success in B2B sales experience preferred
- Experience working with Xerox equipment preferred
- 5 years' experience supporting a solution sales team in a pre-sales technical role
- Experience working with various partners/channel organization
- Experience in business process management/software industry is a plus
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Advanced English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate business math
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, OR PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- Software application certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, controls; reach with hands and arms; stop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee must be able to walk for short periods of time and sit for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
COTG-Xerox is an EOE M/F/D/V