The Collector is responsible for collecting COTG/MOTG/IOTG accounts. This position will be responsible for making daily collection calls to customers regarding past due balances. Resolving complex client and internal issues related to major accounts. They will interact with all levels within COTG/MOTG/IOTG and our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for making outbound collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented department.
- Ensure notes are up to date and clearly documented in E-Automate.
- Monitor/collect open cash equipment receivables within agreed payment terms.
- Responsible for contacting customers when placing accounts on hold for receivables 60+ days outstanding and removing from hold once resolved.
- Investigate and resolve all internal billing issues with customer or internal departments.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for sending out 10 day demand letters for receivables greater than 90+ days outstanding.
- Review bankruptcy notices to determine which accounts/receivables are affected and communicate to A/R Manager.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency and removing internal obstacles that may be causing delays in payment.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Strong problem solving/reconciliation ability in order to resolve complex billing issues and handle problematic accounts.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Must possess excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to multitask in a fast paced office environment.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written). Must be able to communicate with all levels within a Corporation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Must be a team player.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Advanced Excel capabilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma/GED required. College degree preferred
- 0 to 3 years collection experience.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collection procedures preferred.
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience preferred.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate business math required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS OR PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- Must have a valid drivers' license and maintain minimum required levels of insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, controls; reach with hands and arms; stop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear; The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee must be able to walk for short periods of time and sit for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Some travel maybe required.