As the On-Site Systems Administrator, you will provide technicial support for commercial accounts, primarily on-site at customer businesses in the greater-Denver area. The On-Site SA takes ownership of issues and quickly resolves them. This position will require strong knowledge of desktop, mobile device, and server hardware and software, Internet and networking technologies, a broad exposure to virtualization technologies and other advanced technologies (e.g., SANs), and full knowledge of all services that Lewan offers to its clients. The Systems Administrator will also need to be able to learn new application software in order to assist clients as needed. They will demonstrate the best in terms of troubleshooting and documenting issues. We are especially seeking experience with Citrix.
Additionally, you will provide support for the gambit of Windows desktop, Windows server, Cisco, VMWare, Barracuda, basic network troubleshooting and other popular technologies implemented by today's businesses. We are seeking someone with a strong technical acumen, and exceptional customer service skills, who is capable of providing clients confidence in the troubleshooting process.
- Travel to customer sites, to provide on-site support for their IT environment.
- Builds strategic relationships with customers and establish trust quickly.
- Have a client centric and positive attitude towards client issues
- Respond to clients in a timely manner
- Act as the second level support for client issues via phone calls, email, or live chat
- Learn quickly on the job using all resources available, including but not limited to online resources and coworkers
- Track time in Lewan's ticketing and time tracking system(s)
- Document issue resolution steps and final resolutions in Lewan's ticketing system
- Work closely with internal teams on client impacting issues and escalate when appropriate
- Work with other staff members to effectively and efficiently to solve client issues
- Develop professional relationships with our partners and understand their escalation procedures
- Maintain knowledge of all proprietary tools and systems to ensure proper handling of client issues
- Perform monitoring and basic server administration and restarting of services
- Assist in other tasks as assigned
- Must deliver an exceptional client experience every day
Qualifications / Required Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent requred; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A strong troubleshooting methodology
- Excellent client service focus
- Ability to work independently or as a team to approach problems creatively and resolve them in an effective and timely manner
- Intermediate knowledge of Internet and networking technologies
- Exposure to scripting and command line interface
- Experience with Windows Operating systems
- Experience with email programs such as MS Exchange and client programs such as Outlook
- Knowledge of virtual environments such as VMware
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Beginner to intermediate firewall administration and troubleshooting
- Entrepreneurial attitude: self-motivated, self-directed
- Flexibility: task assignment, priorities, work environment
- Open minded, desire to learn
- Quick thinker, creative problem solver
- Current valid driver license and motor vehicle insurance
- Ability to travel to customer sites using personal vehicle
Other Desired Skills:
- Experience with network monitoring solutions
- Microsoft certification with emphasis on server products
- Exposure to programming languages such as .NET, PHP, Cold Fusion, Java
- Experience with MSSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Linux Operating systems
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Life and disability insurance plans.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Continuing education and ongoing training opportunities to support skill growth and career advancement.
About Lewan Technology
We are a local office technology and managed service provider supporting Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico and the Rocky Mountain Region since 1972. Our print management solutions and IT services teams deliver extraordinary expertise and offer a single source for our customers' printing, document workflow, technology solutions and IT support needs. Our unique business model provides the benefits of both local decision making and the backing of Xerox, a Fortune 500 global technology leader.
Our team of sales, service and support staff make us great. We believe work life balance and a positive, fun and encouraging work environment are the keys to employee and company success. Lewan employees are passionate about providing a world class customer experience, challenging themselves and supporting each other.
Lewan Technology is an equal opportunity employer.