Please note: Pay range for this role is 55 to 60k.
We are looking for a Technology Support Analyst to join our team in San Antonio and become a functional member of our Managed IT team. The MIT group provides IT solutions and support to external clients.
The Technology Support Analyst isresponsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software to our external Managed IT Solutions clients; administration and internal support of PCs, laptops, mobile devices, printers, servers, and other related equipment. Tasks include end user support, analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware or software solutions, license tracking, asset management, support and perform maintenance, and upgrades and configuration changes. This position requires sound independent judgment, based on best practices and commonly applied standards.
In this role you willalso collaborate with other IT personnel, may travel occasionally, and support a variety of IT systems at varying levels of complexity on classified and corporate networks including some occasional after-hours support.Dahill offers excellent job advancement opportunity and excellent professional growth ability and tuition reimbursement for certification classes and tests.
- Perform Microsoft Windows Server administration in an Active Directory environment
- Provide administration and maintenance of end users' computers and associated systems in various LAN/WAN environments
- Contribute to computer and network security using a variety of security-based software products and hardware appliances
- Provide some corporate networking and infrastructure device(s) support
- Manage data backup and restoration systems for the local facility
- May administer PBX and/or VoIP phone systems
- Maintain software licensing records and provide support to IT budget planning sessions
- Provide first-level and 2nd level contact and problem resolutiontohardware, software and applications issues for Dahill customers.
- Resolve user-reported technical issues using available resources while following Dahill procedures and policies.
- Solve issues on Windows,Linux, and Macintosh platforms with proficiency.
- Explain computer and software operations to technical and non-technical users.
- Document,track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolutionwith our internal systems (RMM and ticketing systems).
- Serve as liaison between customers and external support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communication with customers during the problem resolution process.
- Understanding of Active Directory and DNS
- Ability to configure firewall ports, DMZ, and VPN's
- Troubleshoot and categorize network, software, and hardware problems for proper escalation.
- Mentor other IT staff
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Windows System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server/ Networking (primarily 2008 R2/2012 R2) including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, and DHCP;
- 5 yrs. customer serviceexperience in afast-pacedhelp desk or customer contact environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work autonomously and on a team;
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to document/diagram IT systems and procedures;
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Managed Services Industry Experience in a fast-paced help desk environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology related discipline and/or current, applicable industry-standard certifications (MCSA, CCNA, and Security+) or 5 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient understanding of networking and infrastructure devices, protocols, services, and virtual private networking configuration & management
- Experience with IT project management and budgeting experience
- Experience with corporate integration of mobile devices
- Experience in with Server Virtualization (Hyper-V) and/or VMWare
- Experience with backup methodologies
- 2-4 years' experience with Firewalls/Routers
Mentoring abilities and/or leadership skills within an Information Technology organization
All candidates will be required to successfully complete and pass a drug screen, motor vehicle records check, and a nationwide criminal background check.