Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: President and/or Sales Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Carolina Office Systems is a subsidiary of Xerox. We are the elite sales and service provider of digital document imaging solutions in the Carolinas. We're a locally run company trusted by the region's businesses since 1982 and have the backing of a Fortune 500 company, Xerox. . We're headquartered in Huntersville, NC and have offices in Raleigh, North Carolina and in Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina. Our decentralized management philosophy allows for very responsive and personalized customer service and support. We offer extensive product, service and sales training, excellent benefits, competitive compensation, a positive working environment with unparalleled career opportunities.
Our Sales Leadership team ensures responsibility for profitable growth through the development and optimization of our collective assets: our people, products and services, the geographic footprint and our go-to-market strategy. We are a vibrant consulting organization, high in entrepreneurial spirit and unsurpassed energy. Here, you will learn what it means to be part of a business with purpose and strong community values. You will drive high success and high morale all while "having fun" at work.
As a Sales Manager, you will guide a team of sales consultants to execute on a plan to increase productivity while streamlining financial metrics for our customers in an assigned territory within the Carolinas. Your strategic direction and exceptional leadership combined with ongoing professional development create the recipe for long-term growth and success.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Manages a sales team and territory within the associated geographic area.
- Manage profitability and operating expenses within budget.
- Ensures monthly expectations in revenue, gross margin, business mix, and documented sales activities are met for the team.
- Hold team members accountable for their own success through consistent and frequent communication, feedback, and motivational initiatives.
- Responsible for selling all business lines within the territory.
- Responsible for providing leadership to all sales representatives in designated office and geographic region.
- Responsible for identifying, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring potential sales candidates.
- Partner with training leadership team to reveal developmental opportunities and engineer solutions to enable achievement of performance goals and business objectives.
- Establishes and maintain close contact with customers and prospects.
- Ensures that all approved sales initiatives and contests are appropriately implemented and progress is tracked.
- Ensures that the geographic coverage is maximized to increase revenue.
- Ensures revenue growth through effective sales training, motivation, coaching, development, hiring and succession planning.
- Ensures that updated customer information and sales activities are entered and tracked in the sales database.
- Ensures that the Employee Code of Conduct is enforced.
- Other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to add or delete duties as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing or Communications and 5-7+ years related experience is preferred. Experience in the office products or similar industry required.
- Must have exceptional sales performance and proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Experience managing a sales team is preferred. Ability to influence and inspire the sales team to achieve greatness required.
- Strong relationship management skills with customers, vendors, and personnel within the organization required.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to meet sales quotas and deadlines, and use good judgment in performing conflicting demands and managing priorities.
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the internet required.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Must have strong ethics and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to work under stress/pressure to meet deadlines and financial objectives.
- Ability to travel to customer sites, offsite meetings, company related functions, etc. with short notice.
- Valid driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage required.
Total Compensation Package includes:
- Lucrative compensation plan (auto allowance, bonus potential, commission override)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- 401K plus company match
- Company sponsored training and continuous professional development
- Opportunity to qualify for President's Club trips
Please visit our website to apply online.