Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better.We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more atwww.xerox.comand explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion.
We are ComDoc, A Xerox Company. We provide exceptional customer service along withsupplying our clients with outstanding printing equipment, software products and IT managed services.We are looking for an exceptional Installation/Driver Specialists in North Canton, OH and surrounding areas.
About the Job:
Our Installation Specialists load, transport, deliver, install, and remove equipment for our clients.
What a typical day may look like:
- Reviewing and verifying delivery schedule and attached paperwork. Contacting appropriate dispatcher if needed.
- Checking paperwork on top of all machines to be loaded, verifyingmodelnumber, serial number, and all serialized accessories.
- Loading and securing all equipmenton totruck using blankets, cardboard corners, and proper strapping. Warming up truck while loading when cold weather exists.
- Confirming delivery,pickupand/or movement withcustomerprior to delivery Verifying address. Recording any special instructions or directions.
- Driving truck to deliver equipment and products to customer's location.
- Recording delivery information ondeliveryschedule.
- Locating customer contact.
- Organizing and completing all required paperwork per delivery.
- Unloading and tagging all returned items.
- Conducting a daily delivery truck maintenance check for operation and safety.
- Conducting a daily review of required paperwork, tools and equipment needed.
- Assisting in other areas of the Distribution Center as needed.
Equipment Install Duties:
- Unloads and safely moves equipment to designated area. This may include pushing, pulling utilizing dollies and/or stair climbers.
- Assembles equipment. Powers up unit and runs test copies.
- Provides the customer with startup equipment training
- Obtains customer signature and date
- Contacts appropriate sales representative and CSR
- Connect devices to the network
- Verify scan and print, install if necessary
Equipment Removal Duties:
- Verifies and records model number, serial number, serialized accessories and "end meter reads."
- Marks manuals/CD and consumables with yes or no.
- Removes,loads and secures equipment from customer's facility.
- Obtains customer signature and date.
- Contacts appropriate sales representative.
- 1+ years of experience driving a 16-24 foot box truck
- VALID Driver's License
- Clean driving record
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic knowledge of the operation and installation of delivery equipment and office equipment.
- Will be required to pass a mandated Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- Must be able to travel 90% of the time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, delivery and installation instructions/procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence such as email. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate to customers in person and over the telephone.
- Technical or Mechanical background a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently move equipment weighing up to 900 pounds.Movementincludes pushing and pulling. The employee must also frequently use a mechanical stair climber to move equipment weighing up to 900 pounds. This may require a great deal of physical exertion with a pulling motion up to 150 pounds. The employee may also be required to lift approximately 100 pounds in handling and transporting items
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a drug screen, background check, and motor vehicle report.