Xerox is hiring for aDriver/ Installation Specialistto join our Reno team!
We are in search of a positive, self-motivated and hardworking individual to deliver a variety of equipment to our local clients in Reno. If you are fired up about the chance to make a significant impact on our company then this is the opportunity for you!
About the Job:
Our Installation Specialists load, transport, deliver, install, and remove Xerox equipment for our clients.
Basic Requirements for Consideration:(and there's no way around these!)
- 1 years' worth of experience driving a 24' box delivery truck or larger. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- This is a driving position, so you will need to be available to travel up to 90% of the time (locally in the greater Reno/Sacramento area).
Preferred Qualifications: (You'll receive bonus points if you meet these qualifications)
- Basic knowledge of the operation and installation of delivery equipment and office equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, delivery, and installation instructions/procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence such as email. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate to customers in person and over the telephone.
What a typical day may look like:
- Reviewing and verifying delivery schedule and attached paperwork. Contacting appropriate dispatcher if needed.
- Checking paperwork on top of all machines to be loaded, verifying the modelnumber, serial number, and all serialized accessories.
- Loading and securing all equipmenton totruck using blankets, cardboard corners, and proper strapping. Warming up truck while loading when cold weather exists.
- Confirming delivery,pickupand/or movement with the customerprior to delivery verifying address. Recording any special instructions or directions.
- Driving truck to deliver equipment and products to customer's location.
- Recording delivery information on the deliveryschedule.
- Organizing and completing all required paperwork per delivery.
- Unloading and tagging all returned items.
- Conducting a daily delivery truck maintenance check for operation and safety.
- Conducting a daily review of required paperwork, tools and equipment needed.
- Assisting in other areas as needed.
Equipment Install Duties:
- Unloads and safely moves equipment to designated area. This may include pushing, pulling utilizing dollies and/or stair climbers.
- Assembles equipment. Powers up unit and runs test copies.
- Provides customer with start-up equipment training
- Obtains customer signature and date
- Connect devices to the network
- Verify scan and print, install if necessary
Equipment Removal Duties:
- Verifies and records model number, serial number, serialized accessories and "end meter reads."
- Removes,loads and secures equipment from customer's facility.
- Obtains customer signature and date.
- Contacts appropriate sales representative.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.
Come Join our Team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.