Job Summary: The Warehouse Supervisor ensures effective, efficient and accurate movement of product from ordering to set up and delivery. The Warehouse Supervisor is required to maintain consistent internal controls on all Elan assets. He / She will work with Sales and Service to ensure the proper levels of parts, supplies and equipment are procured, made available and properly inventoried in support of company objectives. This position requires a high degree of independence, accountability, and an ability to work with varying levels of supervision. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the Procurement Coordinator; communicate with technicians and interface with service manager to ensure proper levels of parts and supplies are ordered, received and made available in a timely manner to meet company needs.
- Develop working knowledge of parts and supply order processing to provide redundancy and to train others to provide further redundancy
- Utilize E Auto and other technology to develop and maintain min-max stock levels
- Supervise the preparation of product for shipment; verifying the accuracy of all paperwork
- Supervise UPS processing and review daily for accuracy
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Monitor inventory accurateness by completing counts as required and in a timely manner
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records; maintain databases.
- Manage customer returns of equipment, toner, waste toner, supplies, and any other stock
- Coordinate as a key member of the lease return program focused on machine tracking and movement to ensure timely shipment and to protect the company from any financial exposure
- Store product by designating storage areas; adjusting storage areas per production and shipping requirements; updating location database.
- Identify and report to CFO any used, obsolete and damaged assets
- Responsible for building repair & maintenance, as well as janitorial efforts for the building
- Supervise safety efforts and compliance to ensure OSHA approved work environment for the entire building and company staff. Responsible for equipment repair on trucks and forklifts
- Act as point of contact for any warehouse/delivery customer issues and resolve or delegate resolution as appropriate.
- Direct and supervise the delivery/warehouse team to ensure appropriate workloads
- Provide feedback to CFO on employee performance
- Review and recommend modifications to systems and procedures
- Develop and document processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Liaise with administration, operations, technicians, and sales to improve procedures
- Contribute to departmental and organizational special projects as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Ability to organize and maintaining inventory and storage areas
- Detail oriented individual with strong analytical skills
- Forward thinker, proactive, high integrity
- High energy, self-motivated, self-starter who can stay calm under pressure.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment, while providing exceptional internal and external customer service
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of and accountability for hisher work product. This requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with associates and managers at all levels
- Must have a high level of tact and confidentiality that is essential to deal with sensitive information.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and ERP programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience; preferably in general business or logistics
- Six+ years progressively responsible experience in management and warehouse oversight positions.
Elan-Xerox is an EOE M/F/D/V