Michigan Office Solutions is seeking a Warehouse Generalist who will assist in all warehouse functions: unloading all inbound shipments, distributing stock to proper location, shipping supplies and parts to all company locations and maintaining the cleanliness of the warehouse dock and facility.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- Routinely demonstrates and creates a helpful and positive work culture
- Encourages and builds positive relationships and communicates effectively with all co-workers and outside customers and vendors
- Conducts self at all times as the public image of the company in accordance with MOS's Code of Conduct
- Assists shipping and receiving, loading and unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, and matching purchase orders to sale orders.
- Verifies all piece counts, notes damage and discrepancies, record all serial numbers, and turns in documentation to Inventory Control.
- Examine orders to determine items to be pulled, moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Prepare parcels for shipping via US Mail, UPS, LTL, etc.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to stocking or other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product.
- Maintain organized filing system for shipments received or disbursed.
- Ensure warehouse and work area is organized and maintained in secure, safe, and orderly condition.
- Mark equipment with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Assist in the Shop with preps as needed
- Operate MOS Trucks (16-26') in accordance with company policies and procedures and MI state traffic laws
- Assist in counting physical inventory one time per fiscal quarter.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed (e.g. snow shoveling, furniture moving, etc.)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three months or more related business experience or training is desired.
- Candidates must pass required pre-employment screening and be able and willing to become DOT certified
- Ability to lift 50-75lbs repetitively
- Basic mechanical aptitude and demonstrated skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Ability to work with and assist admin, logistics, sales, and service personnel.
Physical demands: Standing, hearing, sitting, walking, speaking, regular application of basic manual skills (driving, keyboard, eye/hand coordination)
Mental demands: Problem-solving, verbal communication, customer contact, comprehending technical documents & instructions, multi-tasking