SUMMARY: The Account Executive (AE) uses sales skills and experience to manage a book of current account prospects and customers. The AE identifies, sells, and manages on-going relationship with accounts, exhibiting high degree of proficiency in consultative and relationship selling as well as account and industry knowledge. The AE seeks to retain and expand account by working with branch and corporate support teams to ensure long-term customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Aggressively prospects and pursues competitive, prospective accounts
- Consultatively presents and sells office solutions that include hardware, software, and managed print services; manages complex selling situations
- Conducts and presents benchmark product demonstrations, proposals, and value propositions to account base
- Analyzes customer business communications requirements and develops customized solutions to exceed customer requirements
- Manage entire sales cycle across customer accounts
- Keep abreast of changes in technology and understanding of basic user abilities
- Engages specialist support teams to drive 360 solutions to net new opportunities, while acting as the quarterback for all sales opportunities
- Prepare daily/weekly actions plan by individuals to insure sustained sales activities, appointments, demos, proposals, cold calls, dials and database updates.
- Seeks opportunities to expand business within existing current accounts
- Conducts regular and on-going account reviews
- Reviews leads, pending orders and lease upgrades; develops action plans to progress each cycle
- Presents accurate forecasts and meets forecasting objectives
- Tracks and logs all activities in sales database (Compass/Sherpa)
- Meet or exceed revenue and gross profit expectations
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 2+ years of experience in technology sales or sales
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to customers
- Well-developed relationship building abilities
- Ability to strategize solutions sales plans that meet customer needs
- Must have current valid driver's license and adequate level of auto insurance for business purposes
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position can be described as:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Visual acuity to drive a motor vehicle.
The physical activity requirements of this position include:
- Talking and/or Hearing
- Standing and/or Walking
- Fingering, Grasping, Feeling
- Reaching or Lifting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Frequently there is protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes; occasionally there may be no effective protection from weather.