RK Dixon, a leading IT consulting firm located in Iowa and Illinois, is currently seeking a Systems/Network Engineer to support enterprise network technologies. This position will be responsible for both server and infrastructure components of typical business networks including design, deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting. This is Tier 3 level position.
The right candidate should be comfortable interfacing with business customers and have a team-oriented approach to projects and day to day responsibilities. This position will work alongside other RK Dixon IT professionals.
This is NOT a contract or placement position. The successful candidate must be comfortable working the role of a consultant and be able to juggle multiple projects for multiple clients at any one time. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity with a great variety of networking projects in multiple industries and size of customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement, support and troubleshoot Microsoft server based networks
- Proficient administering Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, Systems Center, SQL and other server applications
- Implement, support and troubleshoot WAN/LAN networks
- route, switch, firewall, wireless, and VoIP
- Preferably Cisco
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting of network problems
- Provide and maintain architectural documentation
- Assisting other engineers with implementation tasks
- Direct interaction with clients in multiple industries
- Excellent customer service skills - Establish rapport and trust with key client decision makers
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- VMWare and/or Hyper-V experience desired
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Maintain industry certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
- Minimum 5 years hands-on professional experience working with Microsoft and Cisco technologies
- MCSE/MCSA, CCNA/CCNP, and related certifications are recommended and will be given preference
- Strong network & server diagnostic and troubleshooting skill set
- IT Consulting and project management experience is recommended
- Ability to identify and address customer business needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to partner well with all levels of business organizations both internally and with clients
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: bonuses, medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan with a company match, paid holidays, personal and vacation time. Job related training is paid by the company. Some travel will be required but is primarily local and is reimbursed.
Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug free work place.