The Healthcare New Business Developer plays a critical role in helping to grow the Healthcare division of COTG. As an outside business to business sales representative within the Healthcare division, you will execute sales strategy, by initiating contact with potential customers through the identification of client needs and selling appropriate solutions to meet those needs, be a strategic resource and be relied on by customers to be a savvy consultant who can architect smart, innovative solutions that solve real business problems and fulfill existing technology gaps.
Focusing on growth within net new business, he or she will be adept at presenting complex technical solutions in business-friendly terms, and comprehending a prospects' or customers' business needs, so only best fit solutions are proposed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the sales process to identify and qualify opportunities
- Maintain sustained sales activities; phone calls, prospecting, qualifying and making customer calls, appointments, assessments, proposals, database updates and closing new business
- Prepares standard and custom demonstrations for COTG net new prospects
- Handles all pre-sales issues professionally and efficiently
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of our technology solution portfolio
- Timely posting of notes and data into CRM
- Understands COTG's role in supporting business processes
- Professionally manages the transition from pre-sales to post-sales
- Serves as a point of contact for clients, partners and post sales client resource on any issues
- Responsible for generating leads and plan daily activity to reach the most potential customers each day
- Collaborates with internal and external resources throughout sales process
- May assist in stabilization and onboarding of new customers
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Professional presentation skills and experience in solution selling methodologies, and an understanding of and ability to utilize the COTG 360 sales process
- Ability to deliver high level presentations and associated demonstrations
- Knowledge and ability to convey the various components of each solution and explain which solution is most compatible technically and how they integrate and work with external technologies
- Must work well under pressure
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to plan for and conduct an assessment interview with the prospect and/or customer to determine the true business requirements to help build a valid Return on Investment (ROI)
- Ability to manage multiple projects including preparation for presentations and demonstrations, training, scheduling, and reporting, and expense processing
- Must be able to problem solve, conduct written and verbal communication, read and comprehend technical information
- Personal drive and internal motivation toward high achievement
- High Integrity and displays strong business acumen
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA degree in business or other related field is preferred
- 2 plus years of demonstrated success in Healthcare sales experience preferred
- Experience in the technology field is preferred
- Valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Local area travel; overnight less than 15%