We have a coveted junior role on our team of IT pros, and are hoping you could be our new SQL Server Database Administrator! If you have a SQL background and are ready for the next step in your IT career, read on! At a high level, you'll have a great deal of responsibility for our consolidated database reporting data management. You'll work closely with our subsidiaries throughout the country, and gain tremendous exposure to company leadership. Our fantastic IT Manager will help guide you to make sure that data management and reporting resources are aligned with our company goals.
A little more about you:
- You have at least 1 year of experience with SQL Server 2008/2014/2016 physical design principles, SQL and stored procedure development, and at least 1 year of data warehousing design/development experience. This can include any studying you've done in these areas as well.
- Your background may have included an entry-level IT role with exposure to SQL, or you're currently in a Junior Database Administrator. We especially want to chat if you've worked in an entry-level IT or a Junior Database Administrator role at Verizon, Raymond James, Wellcare, Techdata, PWC, Jabil, or HSN, as these environments are similar to ours.
- You can demonstrate proficiency in Monarch and Monarch Data Pump, VBA/Excel based development and you have the ability to create entity relationship diagrams (ERDs). Hyperion reporting experience is also a plus.
- Your Bachelor's degree is in Computer Science, or you have a combination of education & experience.
- This one pretty much comes standard with this type of role: you have the ability to support technical database and reporting infrastructure on a 24/7 basis.
- And of course, because you're a developer, you can effectively adapt and apply rapidly changing technology, and you have strong diagnostic, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- While these aren't requirements, you get brownie points for any of the following:
- Experience with C# and ASP.Net or VB.Net, MS Visual Studio
- Familiarity with any of the following: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Tableau, or Hyperion HFM or FDMEE reporting
- The ability to lead projects of medium complexity, to include developing project plans, schedules, and resource requirements, as well as providing direction and training to other IT colleagues.
- Prior experience supporting production systems by optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up problem reports.
While every day is different, here's what your role will entail:
- You'll be the Database Administrator Pro and Reporting Czar. One of your primary responsibilities is to produce aggregated financial and performance data. Because you like to work smarter, you'll also automate business reporting and data collection.
- We want your well-informed opinion! We'll be relying on you to give tactical and strategic input on overall database design and operation, as well as to propose strategies, tools, processes, and technology to further our business intelligence opportunities.
- Are you proficient in project management? Great! You'll be supplying project tracking, documentation, and management reporting for business intelligence initiatives.
- Since you know that Business Continuity Planning is a way of life, you'll assist with Disaster Recovery, as well as implement and maintain effective backup systems to ensure the integrity of business-critical data and functionality.
- And of course, you'll be gathering, analyzing, and correcting database performance issues. In addition, you'll be planning, performing, and producing the appropriate procedures technical documentation. And finally, you'll be owning and managing IT data projects.
We're Global Imaging Systems. We acquire and empower businesses that provide document imaging systems and services to communities across the United States. Because you might not be familiar with us, the two most important things to know are:
- We're an entrepreneurial company, which means that we do things a little bit differently from larger firms. What this means for you is that you can make an impact quickly and have the opportunity to grow in to other IT roles within the company (either in Tampa or throughout the country)!
- We have the backing of a Fortune 500 Company (Xerox) and have been in business for almost 25 years.
Our acquired companies specialize in office systems (more commonly referred to as copiers), as well as software, supplies, and workflow solutions. These products allow their clients including schools, hospitals, non-profits, local government (and even professional sports teams!) to focus on work that matters. Above all, they support our mission to "Think Globally, Act Locally."
We have stellar benefits including:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, including company contributions to a Health Savings Account
- A generous 401(k) match of 75% of each dollar contributed, up to 6% after your first year of service.
- Strong work/life balance, including paid holidays and vacation, plus 6 additional personal days each year.
- A competitive base salary and 10% performance-based bonus
- A close-knit, fun culture, with colleagues that are active in our community. Our offices have always been in the Carrollwood area, and our employees love that they can walk to a number of restaurants (plus Whole Foods!) for lunch.
So, are you our next Database Administrator? If you have aa SQL background and data warehousing experience, you may have just found your new work family! Click apply and let's get the conversation started.
Please note: this position does not offer relocation, and we are considering local candidates only.