Are you a Senior Systems Engineering pro that can hit the ground running? Would your colleagues describe you as patient, cooperative, and outgoing, with an ability to work with all levels of end users? Do you want to make a HUGE impact on in a large infrastructure environment? Our Senior Systems Engineer works hand-in-hand with the Director of IT and senior leadership to make sure information technology resources are in FULL alignment with company objectives, and is responsible for all IT systems and lightning-fast support of end users.
- You have 7+ years of progressive systems engineering experience, to include roles such as Systems Engineer 3, Senior Systems Engineer, or Tier 3 Level Support in a large infrastructure environment. We especially want to chat if you've been a Systems Engineer at Verizon, Raymond James, Wellcare, Techdata, PWC, Jabil, or HSN, as these environments are similar to ours.
- You're skilled in Microsoft Azure. This one is a deal-breaker; you absolutely MUST have Microsoft Azure experience to be successful in this role.
- You have up-to-date certifications or can demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft, VMware, PowerShell and AWS, specifically Cloud Infrastructure, Microsoft Azure and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) in an enterprise environment
- This is massively important: you are known for your patient and positive disposition when partnering with IT professionals of varying abilities, most of which are located at other sites throughout the country. You'll work with end users and partners of various technical aptitude, and assume responsibility to make sure the business project or initiative gets done.
- Because this is truly a senior role, you have strong leadership capabilities, including a track record of mentoring junior team members.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a combination of education & experience
- You also have the ability to travel up to 20% overnight and you're experienced in working with large enterprise environments in multiple geographies
- And of course, because you're a systems engineering pro, you can effectively adapt and apply rapidly changing technology, plus you stay on top of SOX and PCI compliance obligations
- While these aren't requirements, you get brownie points for any of the following:
- Experience with Mergers, Acquisitions, or Integrations
- Successful on-premise to cloud migration projects
- Significant expertise in Office 365
- Powershell, SharePoint Online & Workflow, Active Directory Migration Utilities, SCCM
While every day is different, here's what your role will entail:
- You'll provide highly organized project and systems management for business initiatives, both at the enterprise-level, or for our individual subsidiaries (we call them cores). This of course means working with local office IT staff, as well as partners and end-users throughout the country.
- We'll rely on your architectural level knowledge across software and hardware platforms to advise and implement business solutions. Because you maintain, monitor, and analyze system components, we'll look to you for recommendations on system security, network, and computer utilization.
- You'll also propose and install new software releases, system upgrades, and security patches. And you'll do detective work in gathering, analyzing, and correcting performance-related issues.
- Do you dream of Azure? Great! You'll maintain AND grow the Azure infrastructure.
- Since you know that Business Continuity Planning is a way of life, you'll assist with Disaster Recovery, as well as implement and maintain effective backup systems to ensure the integrity of business-critical data and functionality.
- Finally, you'll plan and perform appropriate procedures, documentation, and inventory assessment.
We're Global Imaging Systems. We acquire and empower businesses that provide document imaging systems and services to communities across the United States. Because you might not be familiar with us, the two most important things to know are:
- We're an entrepreneurial company, which means that we do things a little bit differently from larger firms. What this means for you is that you can make an impact quickly and have the opportunity to grow in to other IT roles within the company (either in Tampa or throughout the country)!
- We have the backing of a Fortune 500 Company (Xerox) and have been in business for almost 25 years.
Our acquired companies specialize in office systems (more commonly referred to as copiers), as well as software, supplies, and workflow solutions. These products allow their clients including schools, hospitals, non-profits, local government (and even professional sports teams!) to focus on work that matters. Above all, they support our mission to "Think Globally, Act Locally."
We have stellar benefits including:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, including company contributions to a Health Savings Account
- A generous 401(k) match of 75% of each dollar contributed, up to 6% after your first year of service.
- Strong work/life balance, including paid holidays and vacation, plus 6 additional personal days each year.
- A competitive base salary and 10% performance-based bonus
If you have a 7+ years of systems engineering experience, are a pro with Azure and PowerShell PLUS you're service-minded when working with partners, we hope you'll apply or reach out to us to get the conversation started. In fact, we think you're on to something pretty great.