Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
JOB SUMMARY: The FM Operator Floater is responsible for providing onsite support per account contract specifications.
- Operates all equipment, clears misfeeds, replenish staples and toner
- Places service calls when necessary
- Collaborates with FM Manager/Supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction
- Have flexibility to cover multiple FM sites in our coverage area
- Visit different sites to acquire/gather/communicate data in an orderly manner
- Maintains all account specific logs
- Takes meter reads
- Maintains inventory supplies
- Sorts and delivers mail and other supplies
- Posts outgoing mail
- Receives incoming faxes and promptly sends outgoing faxes.
- Completes all finishing requested including exhibits, tabs, colored papers
- Prepares logs and distributes UPS and FedEx packages.
- Delivers completed copy jobs.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED is required
- One to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent is desirable
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Must possess outstanding communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills meets productivity standards, maintains a strong sense of urgency at all times
- Teamwork balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to helping the team's gel as a unit, makes success of the teams a top priority, able to build morale and gain group consensus to goals and objectives, supportive of coworkers at all times
- Quality demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, always focused on identifying opportunities for process improvement along with a strong commitment to quality
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team setting with peers
- Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, operates with strong integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values
- Must be a self-starter, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and ability to meet strict deadlines and perform under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality requirements
- Must be able to work overtime (including evenings and weekends) as necessary to support departmental efforts
- Must always be able to follow Safety procedures.
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external clients in a fast-paced work environment.
- Basic math aptitude including adding, subtracting, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, percentages and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Basic word processing ability: using email and graphics software (MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite)
Requirements (Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands):
- Strong awareness of safety aspects of position due to exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Must occasionally lift up and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to visually operate equipment and inspect work (color, print quality)
- Must be able to hear auditory alarms, speak, concentrate, analyze and solve complex issues throughout the course of the workday
- Ability to work on PC including repetitive use of a keyboard and mouse for long periods throughout the course of the workday
- Must be able to read and comprehend equipment functionality and instructions throughout the course of the workday
- Ability to perform basic routine equipment maintenance on copier equipment (clear jams etc.)
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel and crouch throughout the course of the workday
- Ability to drive from and to customer sites, offsite meetings, company related functions, etc. with short notice
- May be required to work outside normal business hours including evenings
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.