Position's Supervisory Report: Chief Operating Officer
Payroll Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM , Monday through Friday, 1 Hour for lunch
We are looking for an intern to start during the school year part time and transition into a full time internship over the summer!
Are you up for the challenge?
General Description of Position:
The candidate will rotate throughout the CBS Business Operations Division and have the opportunity to explore various aspects of organization to document and analyze workflow and processes under the guidance of the COO. The candidate will perform functions with a focus on general office practices with the opportunity to explore the business fundamentals of a copier corporation and support various operations functions.
- Provide critical analysis on supply chain systems to optimize service level, inventory and spend.
- Aiding in the development of optimal forecasting algorithms and completing inventory for key products.
- Being a team member on strategic inventory and supply chain projects.
- Assisting in the definition of business requirements for operational areas including metrics and reporting.
- Conduct time study for efficiency and productivity
- Improving supply chain process cycle time and/or reduce process variation by developing databases and/or tools to eliminate/minimize manual process steps.
- Developing process documentation (process flow charts, FAQ sheets, user guides, etc.) to sustain project benefits.
- Working with all supervisors located throughout the organization to learn the positions and focus on process improvements, process/procedure creation and documentation as it relates to operational standards and compliance.
- Supporting the operations management team by performing key data analysis.
- Review current Fleet delivery process.
- Project management orientation (multiple tasks).
- Independent work style (minimal supervision) but able to work well in a team environment.
- Analytical & problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Databases, SQL and/or Access
- Solid analytical skills and good sequential thinker.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and accounting desirable.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain high level of support to internal & external customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to interact positively and professionally at all levels.
- Knowledge of general business practices
- Ability to work under deadline pressures
- Data entry accuracy is essential
- Knowledge of Windows applications
Educational & Experience Requirements for the Position:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's of Master's Degree in Information Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business or Logistics with Supply Chain focus
- Course related work and/or office experience
Skills Requirements for the Position:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- SQL Script development STRONGLY preferred.
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting principals
- Great math and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with great organizational and time management skills
- Professional phone manner is a must
- Ability to work under deadlines
Physical Requirements for the Position:
- Sit for extended periods of time in an office environment i.e. at a desk, in meeting room
- May conduct physical work in warehouse logistics
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity/ AA Employer M/F/D/V, and maintains a drug-free workplace.