Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better.We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more atwww.xerox.comand explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion.
Connecticut Business Systems is looking for a Shop Technician for their Newington location. This is a full-time, onsite position. We are looking for candidates with mechanical and computer skills and experience, strong troubleshooters who can work in a warehouse environment, and work well as part of a team.
General Description of Position: Responsible for refurbishing office equipment, as necessary, to support sales and current customers.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Refurbish used equipment for resale
- Perform a full evaluation of the history of equipment, the current condition physical and functional and then estimate the time and parts necessary to complete job
- Upon completion of refurbishing, fully check all functions and request management approval for reinstatement into field.
- Repair field units submitted to the shop when field repair has failed to bring equipment to specifications or there is another reason why equipment has been returned to shop
- Pre-flight equipment prior to delivery
- Report any out-of-the-box problems to management
- When requested, remove parts from machines in warehouse to fix downed customer machine when the parts requested are unavailable in timely manner.
- Strip used machines which are to be destroyed are report parts salvaged to parts department for inclusion in parts inventory
- Perform other duties as required
Physical Requirements for the Position:
- Ability to lift and/or push/pull a minimum of 60lbs.
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 5 hours per day
- Ability to use hands for fine manipulation of tools necessary to repair equipment.
- Ability to travel to off-site for meetings, to visit customers and other business needs as necessary.
Educational Requirements for the Position:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree or certificate from a vocational or technical school preferred.
Experience Requirements for the Position:
- 1-3 years of technical experience or equivalent
Skills Requirements for the Position:
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude skills and electronic troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well with internal personnel as well as outside vendors
- Good communication skills
- Network experience or knowledge in computers and business related applications software.
- Experience with both Windows and Mac based operating systems is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of industry related application software including Microsoft Office and Adobe to aid in resolving color as well as black and white print issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to troubleshoot digital copiers required.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Must have strong ethics and work as an effective, collaborative team member
- Willing to learn
CBS is an Equal Opportunity/ AA Employer M/F/D/V, and maintains a drug-free workplace.