Location: Newington, CT Status: Exempt-Full Time
The Parts Department Manager oversees procurement, recording, storing, and issuing of copier/MFP and related parts and supplies. The work of this role is performed under the general direction of the Director of Service.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
Preventative Planning & Technical Competency
- Ensures adequate inventory of materials and products in accord with inventory cycles.
- Conducts daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems.
- Develops and implements inventory control procedures.
- Schedules and revises shipment plans to ensure efficient distribution of parts to satisfy customers. Analyzes inventory levels and demand to determine reorder levels which will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Performs physical inventory of service parts each quarter to in compliance with inventory policies.
- Orders and maintains a level stock of parts and supplies for service operations.
- Responsible for tracking parts movement including transfers to ensure integrity of inventory.
- Accountable for accurate & timely corporate reporting (includes parts trending report).
- Labels all parts with working bar-code labels and sets up bin locations for all items in both the parts room and with the inventory on the field.
- Maintain >90% fill rates on orders and less than 10% overnight shipping.
- Facilitates warranty returns from the field and credit from the manufacturer.
- Utilizes vendor website to access technical information on parts.
- Manages purchasing for parts and supplies while reducing obsolete parts inventory.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Team Leadership & Performance Management
- Acts as mentor modeling exceptional service competence and leadership behaviors.
- Enforces the Employee Code of Conduct- Executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable State & Federal regulations.
- Accountable for team man power- interviewing, hiring, training, etc..
- Additional Supervisory duties include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; leading, motivating and developing employees to perform at their highest level, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Routinely demonstrates and creates a helpful and positive work culture.
- Encourages and builds positive relationships and communicates effectively with all co-workers.
Desired Competencies and Experience
- 4-6+ years of related experience required. Office products experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Prefers experience processing orders.
- Capable of lifting/ carrying 10-50lbs, as well as kneeling and/or bending.
- Has solid relationship management skills with internal & external customers, vendors, etc..
- Strong ethics and works as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Ability to initiate seeking out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Willing to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel spreadsheets
- Steady organizational skills and ability to use good judgment in performing conflicting demands and managing priorities.
Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive Base Salary + bonus potential ( depending on experience & performance)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401K plus company match
- Company sponsored training and continuous professional development
- Standards of measuring performance: ability to work well with others, inventory accuracy (accurate counts from receipt & transfer of inventory). Inventory fill rate and turns for parts and supplies as well as obsolete inventory levels.
- Opportunity to qualify for annual President's Club trips.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity/ AA Employer M/F/D/V, and maintains a drug-free workplace.