***CONTRACT TO HIRE***
The Xerox IT Services leader is seeking a self-motivated and experienced engineer to function as a Tier I Help Desk resource for its IT Solutions Managed Services team based in Denver. This position will help support the desktops and infrastructures of Managed Services customers.
Responsibilities will include taking and resolving initial calls from customers, monitoring the environments, helping with the support and maintenance of servers, workstations, network equipment, firewalls, access points, printers, and related software in customer locations, and reporting on systems.
The Help Desk Tier 1 Engineer must be able to prioritize the importance of help desk calls and systems outages as to least affect the ability of the customer and its employees to continue the business and service to clients.
This engineer will be involved in solution development and ongoing support for a broad range of systems and network solutions. Areas of focus include Windows (Desktop, Server, Exchange, Active Directory) and Cisco (route/switch, firewall/VPN).
- Record, prioritize, and troubleshoot alerts and help desk support requests in a courteous and timely manner
- Deploy, upgrade and support various devices for assigned customers.
- Network administration of customer environments
- Assure that prescribed day-to-day systems tasks (e.g. backups, event logs, etc.) are performed Required Technical Skills: - 1 year of experience supporting small to medium sized (10-250 users) in a managed service environment
- A+ Certification (or 2+ years of technical support experience) - In-depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems - In-depth knowledge of Office products
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft server products such as Active Directory and Exchange
- Ability to research solutions to various issues on web sites or using other technical sources
- Ability to utilize technical resources effectively to develop solutions or proactively prepare for projects and implementations
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with network monitoring solutions
- General knowledge of network security, including some or all of the following technologies: Microsoft MCSE-level, Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, XP, CCNA-level Cisco internetworking (route/switch), firewall/VPN
- Microsoft certification with emphasis on server products Other Skills:
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Team player with a participative management and coaching style, which advocates a team concept
- Entrepreneurial attitude: self-motivated, self-directed
- Professional demeanor
- Flexibility: task assignment, priorities, work environment
- Open minded, desire to learn
- Quick thinker, creative problem solver
- Decision making ability to establish priorities, credibility, and balance among priorities We offer competitive pay based on individual performance and ongoing training in a professional, fast-paced, established, successful company with great benefits and excellent career opportunities.